November 27, 2012

Homemade Cranberry Sauce


I know what you're probably thinking....."Thanksgiving is over!"

Well, that may be true, but this recipe is soooo yummy and good all year round.  It's hard for me to eat ham or turkey without it anymore.  It's also good with pork chops and chicken.  Even if you think you don't like cranberry sauce, you have to give this one a try.  It's such an easy peasy recipe, you can make a big batch and keep it in the refrigerator for when you need it.  I've never tried to freeze it, but if anyone tries it, please let me know how it works out!

In a baking dish, combine 4 Cups fresh cranberries, 2 Cups sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.  Give it a little stir.


Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.



I forgot to cover mine, so a lot of my cranberries didn't burst......don't do that :o)

Next stir in a 13 oz jar of orange marmalade, 1 Cup coarsely chopped walnuts and 2 Tablespoons lemon juice.


 

That's it!  It's such a beautiful rich color!  You can serve it warm, cold or room temperature.

I always make extra and jar it to give to friends and neighbors for gifts a day or two before Thanksgiving - or the day of, if I'm unorganized like I was this year!


You have to make this right now!  Let me know how you like it!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment